As we focus this month on placemaking, we’re showcasing how to intentionally create community experiences that stimulate connection and inspiration. In our final Millennial Spotlight, we’re excited to feature Sacramento native, Tre Borden, who is on a mission to uplift communities by connecting people to experiences and activating spaces and ideas. His projects in and around Sacramento have instilled vibrant creativity and collaboration into the community.
In this Millennial Spotlight, Tre shares how…
- You can get involved in shaping and empowering your community
- To start where you are where you have access to resources
- Millennials can engage in placemaking within their own communities
- To respect the context of a place to push it into the current moment
- Your community can thrive in a way that’s consistent with its values
What Inspires Tre
- The city that lives art | Tre Borden | TEDxSacramento
- High Line, NYC
- Next City’s Vanguard fellowship
- Atlas Lab
- Gap Filler
More About Tre
Tre Borden is a Sacramento-based placemaking consultant and producer. Tre seeks out clients and collaborators looking to create value-based solutions that activate communities.
A born and raised (well, Reno-born due to an ill-timed white water rafting trip but that’s another story) Sacramentan, he is excited to be part of the defining momentum that is shaping the region. Through his various projects he aims to promote values-driven companies, communities and organizations with creative and innovative solutions to 21st century problems.
By leveraging a network of talented creatives, visionary developers and inspiring civic leaders Tre Borden/ Co is excited to wield his unique perspective and vision to take on the issues that will shape our future.
Be the Revolution,