As we focus this month on showing up to make a meaningful impact, I’m excited to share the story of one of my friends and fellow changemakers, Tiffani Sharp. She is an Immigration Attorney and Founder and Executive Director of Willow Tree Roots, an international NGO whose mission is to empower women in developing nations to achieve socioeconomic independence through entrepreneurship. In this month’s Millennial Spotlight episode, Tiffani goes deep into how Millennials can make a difference and impact the world.
In this Millennial Spotlight, Tiffani shares how…
- To get involved on any level to make an impact
- Travel helps expand your perspectives and experiences
- Millennials have a strong desire to connect in creative ways
- To be globally-oriented and engaged in our diverse world
- To make genuine connections across cultures, beyond social media
What Inspires Tiffani to Make an Impact
- TED Talk: A feminine response to Iceland’s financial crash
- 20 Years After Rwandan Genocide, A Look Back At How Women Rebuilt Their Country
- United Nations Millennium Development Goals
- UN Women
More About Tiffani
Tiffani Sharp is the Founder and Executive Director of Willow Tree Roots, an international nonprofit for women. She is an attorney specializing in international law and has spent over 15 years advocating for the legal rights of the underrepresented and has spent most of her time assisting women from vulnerable populations.
She has traveled the world extensively working with women to improve their socioeconomic status. This inspired Tiffani to start Willow Tree Roots which currently has women’s socioeconomic empowerment projects in Kenya, Peru and Nepal.
Willow Tree Roots’ next project will be in Sacramento to help young women from underrepresented groups between the ages of 18-25 turn their entrepreneurial business ideas into a reality by providing them with the tools and mentorship needed to help them become entrepreneurs.
Be the Revolution,