As we focus this summer on values-based living, I’m excited to share this Millennial Spotlight episode featuring Jennifer Manuel, a fellow Sacramento-based Executive Coach specializing in helping leaders and individuals in transition define their values so they can live and lead authentically. Jenn is the Founder and CEO of the VIA Consulting Group and is passionate about creating spaces for women to thrive personally & professionally.
In this Millennial Spotlight, Jenn shares how…
- Values help us lead from a place of self-confidence and genuine humility
- Our values help us make better compromises
- To see things from multiple perspectives
- Values are more expansive across generations, rather than generation-specific
- Creating a self-reflective practice helps you lead from your values
Great Resources About Values
- From Values to Action: The Four Principles of Values-Based Leadership by Harry M. Kraemer
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
- TED Talk: The Power of Vulnerability by Brené Brown
- Define Your Personal Core Values: 5 Steps
More About Jenn
Jennifer is the Founder & CEO of Via Consulting Group, a boutique leadership development & professional coaching organization dedicated to helping women solve their most challenging career transitions with grace. Jennifer received undergraduate degrees in Psychology & Philosophy from Santa Clara University, a Masters in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from New York University, and her ICF-professional coaching accreditation from the University of California, Davis.
Prior to launching Via in 2015, Jennifer spent nearly a decade in a variety of leadership roles in IBM’s Global Business Services consulting organization, where she created & led award-winning goal programs for Fortune 100 clients in talent management, leadership development, change management, and digital collaboration.
She is an advocate for gender parity, servant leadership, values-based development, and feminine approaches to management and goal-setting. As the “Millennial advocate for the Baby Boomer generation,” Jennifer’s TEDx Talk, Ageism in the Knowledge Era, as resonated with audiences worldwide. Jennifer serves on the board of the National Association for Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Sacramento Valley and as a Leadership Ambassador for Take The Lead Women, an organization dedicated to achieving leadership parity for women across all sectors by 2025.
Nominate a Changemaker
Do you know a Millennial leader who is changing the world (or has BIG plans to)? I’d love to connect with them and feature their story! Click below to complete the short nomination form.
Be the Revolution,