As we continue to focus on exploration this summer, I’m excited to feature Emma Kerss in our next Millennial Spotlight!
Emma is a Millennial nomad who paved her own path and embraced exploration in many unique ways – from living in a tent in the Australian outback to teaching in China. In our conversation, Emma shows us how to embrace exploration so we can live bolder and more adventurous lives!
In this Millennial Spotlight, Emma shares more about…
- How to embrace the adventure – whatever life brings you!
- Advice for eager Millennials with wanderlust on how to make it happen
- Pushing the limits of your comfort zone (and how to expand them!)
- Learning how to create a benchmark for your life and track your explorations
- How to surrender to the unknown (and take the first step, even when it’s scary)
- Ways to explore aboard or right in your own hometown
Great Resources from Emma on Exploration
- The Alchemist
- A Sunburnt Country
- How Millennials Are Changing Travel, The Atlantic
- Are Millennial Travel Trends Shifting in 2016? Forbes
More About Emma
Emma Kerss is a 29-year-old Sacramento local, who has spent five years abroad in various parts of the world. Her love of travel was sparked after a year of studying abroad in Spain in college, and she has since spent a year and a half in Australia, a year in New Zealand, and two years in China. She has been to 35 countries, spanning four continents, and through a wide array of living and working conditions – including teaching university in China, living in a tent in the outback of Australia, and working post-earthquake rebuilding projects in New Zealand.
Emma returned home from living abroad in 2014 and has since been working as a financial professional, volunteering for local non-profits, and getting involved with the community. She is having fun exploring and immersing herself back in her hometown of Sacramento and is looking forward to continuing her travels in the near future!
Nominate a Changemaker
Do you know a Millennial leader who is changing the world (or has BIG plans to)? I’d love to connect with them and feature their story! Click below to complete the short nomination form.
Be the Revolution,